Tribeca Alpha Plus Fund
The aim of the Tribeca Alpha Plus Fund (the ‘Fund’) is to consistently outperform the S&P/ASX 200 Accumulation Index over the long term by investing in listed Australian equities (long and short).
The main benefits of a Long/Short strategy are:
- The ability to capture extra alpha on the short side
- Improved diversification through a larger number of active positions
- The ability to target higher returns without concentration or style bias
- A blended fundamental and quantitative investment process
- Target allocation of 150% Long, 50% Short (with maximum 50% short exposure)
- Short positions are reinvested into preferred stocks to maintain market exposure
- Targeted outperformance of 5-6% p.a. over a rolling three to five year period, with an expected tracking error of 4-5% p.a.
- The Fund has outperformed the benchmark in seven out of nine financial years since its inception in 2006
The Fund is managed by Sean Fenton, who has more than 20 years of investment experience. He is supported by a team of experienced investment analysts with an average of 16 years investment experience and six years at Tribeca.
Tribeca believes quality stock selection is paramount. The Fund leverages off the strengths of both quantitative and fundamental styles of investing. Quantitative investing brings breadth and objectivity to the process by exploiting behavioural biases in the market. Fundamental investing gives depth of insight and conviction by identifying high quality businesses with strong fundamentals.
A robust portfolio construction process enables risk to be controlled tightly within the Fund’s parameters.
As at 31 March 2017
|Investment Performance||1 month |
|1 year |
|3 years |
*The benchmark for this fund is the S&P/ASX 200 Accumulation Index
**Inception date is September 2006.
Returns are before fees, taxes and any other management expenses.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
To access investor statements please click here.